Being a dancer is unique, fun, and crazy! Here’s how you know you’re one of the bunch!
- You know you have a million bobby pins, but you can’t find one when you need it!
- You relevé to reach things on high shelves and plié to pick things up off the ground.
- You say 5, 6, 7, 8 instead of “ready, set go”
- People don’t recognize you with your hair down.
- You obsess over the length of your toenails.
- You own more pairs of black shorts, pants, and leggings than normal pants, and more leotards than shirts.
- Every single joint in your body cracks, and you can recognize your classmates by the sound of their joints cracking.
- You get asked all the time “can you do the splits?”
- Grocery store aisles are for tap dancing.
- You have a long list of songs you used to love and now hate because you did a dance to them and have heard them a million times.
- You know there is no pain like being whipped in the eye by your hair while turning, kicking yourself in the ankle wearing tap shoes, doing “The Climb” or one of Brittany’s workouts after a school vacation.
- You love showing off during the sit and reach test in gym.
- The phrase “one more time” is the reason you have trust issues.
- “Oh hey, a new bruise”
- There’s nothing as wonderful as a new pair of tights.
What would you add to the list? How do you know if you’re a dancer? Please comment and let us know what you think!