When the weather gets snowy and cold, it’s time to snuggle inside and watch dance movies! Anyone else with me? A cup of cocoa, a big blanket, dance movies-nothing could be better! Here’s a list of my favorites!
Favorite Movie Musicals-to get you singing, dancing, and channeling your inner movie star!
- High School Musical (if you haven’t seen this one yet, watch it before you see our awesome competition team production number!)
- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers-okay guys-I’ll be the first to admit, the plot to this one has not held up. But the dance scenes are incredible! I mean Jacques D’Amboise, c’mon (what??? you don’t know who that is??? Google.)
- Grease-need I say more.
- Hairspray-because…Zac Efron
- Singing in the Rain-because Gene Kelly is even more amazing than Zac Efron.
- Top Hat
- West Side Story
- White Christmas (if you haven’t seen this, watch it next holiday season. It’s one of my favs)
Dance movies (non-musical)
- Center Stage
- Save the Last Dance
- Dirty Dancing
- Happy Feet
- The Nutcracker (did you guys know you can watch this on Netflix??? Game changer)
- Born to Be Wild (I could watch this all day every day)
- First Position
- Alive and Kicking
- Falling Down Stairs
There are so many more, I’d love to hear some of your favorites! What’s your favorite dance movie? Also-I own a few of the ones I’ve listed above, let me know if you’d like to borrow any!